There have been multiple times when we confused the hard water spots with soap residue because the appearance is pretty the same. If the spots are soap residues, they can be washed off with detergents, but the hard water spots cannot be cleaned. This is because hard water has minerals in it that can leave stains. The minerals usually include magnesium and calcium deposits.
These minerals can make the metals look spotty, and windows and doors can start looking hazy with the droplet appearance. These spots can be hard to clean off, and a simple wash will do nothing for it. In this article, we have added ways how to clean hard water off the shower doors and windows. Have a look!
The Reason for Hard Water Stains
There can be multiple causes and reasons for hard water stains. We have added them in the bullets below;
- Silica on the glass
- Iron stains due to roof drain issues
- Water sprinkler system
- The shower droplets that aren’t cleaned and dried
In this section, we have added the essential things that you need to keep in mind before removing the hard water stains from the surfaces such as;
- Before cleaning the entire surface, do a patch test on a small surface
- Do not the spot cleaners under direct sunlight or don’t clean from hot surfaces
- Before removing the stains, clean the windows
- Do not use the scrub pads because they can leave scratches
- Don’t let dry the cleaning solution
- Use the stain cleaner in all directions
Removing the Hard Water Stains from Glass – Multiple Solutions
If you have a glass door or window that you need to clean off from the hard water stains, we have multiple options finalized in the section below. So, you can try the below-mentioned options and see what suits you best!
- Dishwashing solution – If you have a liquid dishwashing solution, it is better to clean the glass because they can make the glass look the bright but make sure you clean thoroughly
- Vinegar mix – It is better to mix vinegar with lemon juice because it can proactively clean the glass. It is better to mix everything and shake them in a bottle to spray on the door and windows.
- Baking soda – Mix vinegar with baking soda to make a solution and apply the paste on the glass. So, let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off
- White vinegar – There is no mixing required in this method because white vinegar is strong enough to clean the hard water spots on its own
Removing Hard Water Stains from Shower Doors
Everyone loves their bathroom and making sure the cleanliness is essential to ensure sparkly clean glass shower doors. In this section, we have added the essential steps that you need to take to remove hard water stains, so have a look!
- Mix water and vinegar in equal quantities with a pinch of baking soda
- Spray the solution on shower doors
- Take a sponge and wipe off the solution
- Rinse the solution from the doors with warm water
- To dry up the doors, use a microfiber cloth
- If there are stains left, repeat the procedure