With the start of 2023, it’s a great time to get organized and make sure your home is spick and span. Make a list of all the cleaning tasks you need to do, such as vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and window washing. Set aside time to tackle each task, and you’ll have a clean and tidy house in no time! Here are seven New Year Resolutions that should break down your house cleaning routine.
Resolution 1: Involve the Family
Commit to involving the whole family in the housework. Even little kids can make a difference; for example, they can put away their plates and glasses once dinner is over. It can be hard to persuade youngsters to lend a hand with the cleaning. The amount of help you can expect depends on the child’s age.
- Preschoolers can keep dishes and playthings.
- Young students can mop up messes, ensure their beds are properly made (minus the hidden crumpled sheet hidden beneath the blanket!), and take the dishes away.
- Teens should contribute to household chores, such as organizing their bedrooms, washing dishes, wiping surfaces, vacuuming, and other duties. Both teens and adults should devise a proper plan for sharing the workload. This can help reduce tension and make it easier for everyone to do their part.
Resolution 2: Assign Daily Chores
Daily house cleaning tasks can fit into the busiest schedules by cleaning up as you go. Spread out big cleaning tasks over the months to save yourself time and enjoy more time with family and friends.
Resolution 3: Set Up Weekly Tasks
Until someone discovers a way to make our houses take care of themselves, the majority of us will still have to take on the tiresome job of tidying up our homes from time to time, like so:
- To clean your carpets, take a few minutes each week to vacuum and suck up all the dust and dirt accumulated in the carpet fibers. Move the vacuum cleaner back and forth over each area of the carpet for at least 20 seconds to ensure you get all the dirt out.
Resolution 4: Make Monthly To-Dos
Allocate a specific time for cleaning every month, preferably on a Saturday. Doing this regularly will help keep your home tidy throughout the year.
- For instance, cleaning the master’s bedroom or living room will take a lot of time, depending on how much stuff is in there, so plot it on a calendar and stick to it.
Resolution 5: Set Seasonal Cleanings
Certain items only need to be cleaned once in a blue moon. This includes windows, sills, and the refrigerator every quarter (three to four months between cleanings should do).
Resolution 6: Specify Semi-Annual House Cleanings
Deep clean carpets and upholstery, and flip mattresses and vacuum them to get them ready for the rest of the year.
Clean window coverings. Clean mini blinds by wiping them with a damp cloth, and send any washable curtains into your washing machine for a spin cycle. If you cannot wash your curtains, contact a professional upholstery cleaner or take them to the dry cleaner to achieve a clean and crisp look.
Resolution 7: Arrange Annual Tasks
Give your doormats a shake, wash, and broom swat to keep them clean and efficiently trapping dirt.
Setting a schedule down to the day, week, and month is just one aspect of better house cleaning. Involve your family, especially the kids, so they experience what it’s like to clean up after themselves. Who knows? They might even bring these good habits when they have condos or homes!
Start 2023 Right with Cleanly
You can also get professional house cleaning in Morgan Hill, CA, by making a quick call to Cleanly! We provide residential and commercial clients with an affordable Deep Cleaning Package that covers hardwood flooring, bookshelves, picture frames, and everything else that needs a once-over! Visit our website and get $20 off your quote as a new customer.